Total cost-to-degree = $67,828. This amount covers tuition for four quarters (a one-year program).
Per credit fee (for part-time students) = $5,652
*The School of Communication sets tuition in the spring for the subsequent academic year. Tuition increases will be posted as soon as they are finalized
Merit-based grants are available from the MA in Sound Arts and Industries program. If the applicant is selected for a grant, it will be included in the admission offer letter.
Additional Funding Resources
External Fellowships/Scholarships: The Northwestern Office of Fellowships lists fellowships for both domestic and international students that have previously been awarded to Northwestern students. They also provide a list of other databases and resources that students may find helpful when looking for further funding opportunities.
Outside Scholarship Information: Please note that some deadlines for financial assistance may be earlier than admissions deadlines. Pay close attention to eligibility requirements, application procedures, and deadlines. The following are several web sites devoted to outside scholarship search information:
- FastWeb: lets students create a personalized profile that can be matched against a database of scholarships
- Peterson’s: a database of scholarships
- Scholarships.com: a free scholarship search service, and financial aid resource
Graduate Student Loans: Domestic students interested in graduate student loans should contact the Evanston Graduate Financial Aid Office for information. The following are several web sites devoted to financial aid information:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): provides information on the application needed for federal student financial aid
- FinAid: a comprehensive collection of information about student financial aid
- E Student Loan: for loan comparisons and on-line applications
Please note: The MA in Sound Arts and Industries program is administered under the School of Communication and is not affiliated with The Graduate School. Please do not contact TGS regarding financial aid.
If you have questions, please contact us at 847-467-5267 or email@example.com