Tuition + Financial Aid
Total cost-to-degree = $60,564. This amount covers tuition for four quarters (a one-year program).
Per credit fee (for part-time students) = $5047.
*The School of Communication sets tuition in the spring for the subsequent academic year. Tuition increases will be posted as soon as they are finalized
Merit-based grants are available from the MA in Sound Arts and Industries program. If the applicant is selected for a grant, it will be included in the admission offer letter. Scholarships are not currently available for international applicants.
The Northwestern Office of Fellowships lists fellowships for both domestic and international students that have previously been awarded to Northwestern students. They also provide a list of databases and resources that students may also find helpful when looking for further funding opportunities.
Students interested in graduate student loans should contact Northwestern Student Financial Services for information.
Please note: The MA in Sound Arts and Industries program is administered under the School of Communication and is not affiliated with The Graduate School. Please do not contact TGS regarding financial aid.
If you have questions, please contact us at 847-467-5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return the Intent to Register form along with a non-refundable $500 tuition deposit by the deadline listed in your acceptance letter. Your place in the incoming class is not secure until both items have been received. Students risk losing their space in the upcoming class if they do not confirm their intent to register in a timely manner. If you are unable to return your Intent to Register form and deposit promptly, contact Sound Arts and Industries at 847-467-5267 or email@example.com.
Accepted Student Checklist:
- Return the Intent to Register form with a non-refundable $500 tuition deposit.
- Activate your Northwestern email account upon receipt of Net ID activation code.
- Complete the Entrance Health Requirements for Non-Healthcare students as mandated by the state of Illinois.
- If eligible and interested, apply for Federal Loans. Visit Northwestern University's Student Financial Services Office. Please note that the Sound Arts and Industries program is under the School of Communication and is not connected with The Graduate School.
- If you were in the process of completing your degree when you applied, have your degree-awarding institution issue an official copy of your final transcript to the MA in Sound Arts and Industries program.
- International students should begin the student visa process after submitting the Intent to Register form and non-refundable tuition deposit.
Students are eligible to enroll in the student NU/Aetna health insurance plan on a voluntary basis. To enroll, students must complete the application and submit payment during the first quarter of enrollment. Students who do not elect coverage in the first quarter of enrollment will not be able to enroll in health insurance thereafter.