Accepting applications for fall 2018 admission.
Admission is competitive and space is limited. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline or until space is filled. Please contact admissions at 847-467-5267 or email@example.com with any questions about deadlines.
The MA in Sound Arts and Industries application consists of the following items:
- Completed online application, including a statement of purpose, resume, and $40 application fee.
- The names and addresses of three (3) persons who will submit recommendations for you. Recommenders should be familiar with your professional or academic work and should be able to comment meaningfully on your potential for success in a graduate course of study.
Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. An unofficial copy of each transcript should be included with the online application. Once admitted, official transcripts must be submitted before the first day of classes.
- Official transcripts must be sent in envelopes sealed by the issuing colleges or universities. PDF files originating from the issuing college or university are acceptable when sent directly to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts not received in this manner are not considered official and will not be accepted.
- Applicants who earned or will earn their bachelor’s degree outside of the U.S. must submit all transcripts to Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) or World Education Services (www.wes.org) for a course-by-course verification. Applications will not be reviewed without the degree verification. Note that many departments at Northwestern University use these services, so please be sure to select the MA in Sound Arts and Industries program as the recipient of your evaluation. Foreign transcripts sent directly to our office will not be accepted.
TOEFL score for international applicants
- A minimum overall score of 100 is required with a minimum score of 26 on the “Speaking” section. Students with TOEFL scores below these standards will not be accepted. The test must have been administered no more than two years prior to the application date. The program does not accept the IELTS test.
- The TOEFL may be waived for applicants who earned their bachelor’s or graduate degree from a university where English was the primary language of instruction.
Official transcripts and TOEFL scores may be emailed to email@example.com or sent to the address below:
MA in Sound Arts and Industries
Frances Searle Building
2240 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208-3540
GRE/GMAT scores are NOT required and will not be reviewed by the admissions committee.
Questions and Status Updates
Contact admissions at 847-467-5267 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the application process or for an update on the status of your application.